ITU recently published the 2016 ITU Competition Rules, which will take effect on January 15, 2016. While several changes were made, ITU would like to direct your attention to some important modifications.
The drafting distances has been adjusted to 10 metres for events that are standard distance and shorter. The drafting distance for middle and long distances will be 12 metres.
Following the outcome of research from the Portsmouth University, water safety standards have been lowered from 13C to 12C.
– Rules for appeals have been updated to reflect the decision that an independent Arbitration Tribunal will review cases.
– Beginning in 2017, a pre-participation evaluation report, including ECG, will be mandatory for all junior athletes.
– Inclusion of the possibility of a rolling start system rules for Age Group Long Distance events, which eliminates a mass start to avoid potentially dangerous swimming situations.
– ITU has adopted the IOC guidelines on transgender athletes.
– Vision impaired Paratriathletes will now be required to wear blackout glasses throughout the competition.
– Vision impaired Paratriathletes will now have a standardized tether during the swim, produced and provided by ITU
– Clarification on the use of uniforms and sponsors logos for Elite, Paratriathletes and Age Groupers has been included.
– ITU has now included Aquabike rules into its competition rule book.
– For the 2015 ITU Competition Rules, which includes the 2015 Paratriathlon Classification Rules, click here.